13th-century Church of St James
Kington is a village and parish in the Halfshire hundred of Worcestershire. Situated near to Flyford Flavell, the earliest known recording of Kington in the Domesday Book under "cyne-turne" – the "King's farmstead".
In 1714 Mr and Mrs Woolmere sold the Manor of Kington to Thomas Vernon (1654–1721). As he had no children the estate passed to his second cousin Bowater Vernon and then in turn to Thomas Vernon (1724–1771).
- Life in the Woods, Janet Gourd, 2003 Lychgate Publishing, Tillington, West Sussex. p56 and Grafton Wood Estate Map 1740 Croome Estate Archives
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
about Kington, Worcestershire)