|Council:||Perth and Kinross|
|Perth and North Perthshire|
Inchture is a village and parish in eastern Perthshire adjacent to the border with Angus. The village is situated on the A90 trunk road between Perth and Dundee on the northern side of the Firth of Tay. It is approximately nine miles from Dundee city centre and 13 miles from Perth city centre. The village is bypassed by the A90 road and benefits from a flyover onto the road making it popular with commuters working in Perth, Dundee and further afield.
The village comprises a post office, small shop, hotel, a primary school and a church. There are approximately 100 original houses in the village although an additional 130 modern homes have been built.
Inchture is situated within the Carse of Gowrie.
At the east end of the village is a lodge and avenue that formerly led to the mansion-house of Rossie Priory, now cut off by the modern A90. This avenue is lined on both sides by giant redwood trees (Sequoiadendron giganteum). These were planted in 1853, and are the first known examples of the species successfully cultivated outside North America.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|