Fledborough is a hamlet and ancient parish in the Thurgarton Wapentake of Nottinghamshire. Although now redundant, the Anglian parish church of St Gregory's, earned the hamlet the nickname of "the Gretna Green of the Midlands" in the 18th century, due to the ease in which couples could obtain a marriage licence from the Reverend W. Sweetapple.
- "Fledborough". http://www.british-history.ac.uk/thoroton-notts/vol3/pp187-190. Retrieved 2017-10-07.
- Cornelius Brown (1896), History of Nottinghamshire: Brough, Holme, Muskham Norwell, North & South Collingham, Langford and Fledborough, Nottinghamshire History, http://www.nottshistory.org.uk/Brown1896/brough.htm#fledborough, retrieved 2 October 2010