Welsh: Eglwys Gymyn
| Carmarthen West|
and South Pembrokeshire
Eglwyscummin is an ancient parish situated on the south-western bounds of Carmarthenshire.
Thie parish church is dedicated to St Margaret and was built c.1093. It has an ancient circular churchyard and is believed to be situated on the site of an ancient church dating back to AD 500.
The name originally derives from the Welsh Eglwys, meaning 'church' with the addition of the name of St Cynin. The Gothic Revival architect C.C. Rolfe restored St Margaret's parish church in 1878. Eglwyscummin is the only known place where an Ogham inscription commemorates a woman: Avitoriges, daughter of Cunigni.
- Lloyd, Thomas (2006). The Buildings of Wales: Carmarthernshire and Ceredigion. ISBN 0-300-10179-1.
- Saint, Andrew (1970). "Three Oxford Architects". Oxonensia (Oxfordshire Architectural and Historical Society) XXXV: 53 ff. http://www.oahs.org.uk/oxo/vol%2035/Saint.doc. Retrieved 3 November 2009.
This Carmarthenshire article is a stub: help to improve Wikishire by building it up.