Derelict industrial building on former colliery land
Primarily based on public housing, Easthouses developed in the 1920s to accommodate miners for the nearby Easthouses Colliery, many of whom relocated from the Ayrshire coalfields. The settlement was significantly extended in the 1950s. Employment has diversified since the closure of the mines, with many of the population now commuting to Edinburgh.
The Easthouses Parish Church (built 1954) is of minor architectural interest.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|