St Nicholas Church
The village is mentioned in the Domesday Book, 1086, as Crumba. The first part of its name is derived from the Earl of Coventry who had Earl's Croome Court as a residence opposite the village church. The church is St Nicholas, Church of England.
In 1377, or 1378, Henry de Ardern was granted the manor of Croome Adam (now Earls Croome) by the Earl of Warwick for a red rose.
Charles Coventry (1867–1929), who played cricket for England in the first two Test matches they played against South Africa, is buried in the village cemetery. He commanded the Worcestershire Yeomanry during the First World War and was captured by the Turks at Katia in April 1916, spending the rest of the conflict as a prisoner of war.
- Driver, J. T. Worcestershire Knights of the Shire 1377-1421 Transactions of the Worcestershire Archaeological Society. Third Series Vol 4 1974 p19
- Atkin, Susanne (2016). "C.J. Coventry: Katia and Beyond". Friends of Croome Newsletter, No.24.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
about Earls Croome)