Dalziel is a parish in the Middle Ward of Lanarkshire encompassing the town of Motherwell. The parish of Dalziel is by some writers supposed to have derived that appellation, signifying "the white meadow," from the peculiar appearance of the lands before they were brought into cultivation. The parish is bounded on the north and west by the South Calder Water, and on the south-west by the River Clyde. The twelfth-century parish church, dedicated to St Patrick was taken down about 1799.
- Location map: 55°47’15"N, 3°59’9"W
This Lanarkshire article is a stub: help to improve Wikishire by building it up.