Dalton Hall, Westmorland
The hall has been in the ownership of the Hornby family since the late 18th century.
The original hall was a Georgian mansion. Major additions were made to the hall in 1859–60 by the Lancaster architect Edward Graham Paley. This building was demolished in 1968 and replaced by a new house in 1968–72.
The new house was designed by Clough Williams-Ellis, and was his last commission. The authors of the Pevsner Architectural Guides (Buildings of England) series describe it as a "stately doll's house" which "sits inside the ghost of its predecessor".