Collegeland, County Armagh
|Council:|| Armagh, Banbridge|
Collegeland is a semi-rural area in the north of County Armagh. Most of the settlement is within the townlands of Aghinlig and Keenaghan, near the village of Charlemont and just across the River Blackwater from Moy, Tyrone.
The village had a population of 122 people (in 42 households) at the 2011 Census.
The area is known as "Collegeland" (or "College Land") because it was formerly the property of Trinity College, Dublin. In 1859, the lease of the Collure estate (as it was then known) was inherited at his father's death by John Howard Parnell, elder brother of Charles Stewart Parnell. In 1879, John Parnell, financially strapped, offered his subtenants terms on which to purchase their own farms, according to the "John Bright Clauses" of the Landlord and Tenant (Ireland) Act 1870.
- Gaelic games: Collegeland O'Rahilly's GAA
- The British Farmer's Magazine, Issue 79, online at Google Books