Castlewright is a township of the ancient parish of Mainstone in south-eastern Montgomeryshire, adjacent to the border with Shropshire. It was formed into a civil parish in 1866, but was merged into that of Churchstoke in 1933.
Offa's Dyke and the Offa's Dyke Path long-distance footpath pass through Castlewright, while the Kerry Ridgeway runs along the southern border. The Caer-din Iron Age hill fort is located just to the north, as is Bishop's Moat Castle, now nothing more than a grassy mound which marks the spot where a timber castle guarded the border in Norman times.
- Location map: 52°30’32"N, 3°4’38"W
This Montgomeryshire article is a stub: help to improve Wikishire by building it up.