All Saints Church, Bow Brickhill
|Post town:||Milton Keynes|
|Milton Keynes South|
The village name is a combination of the ancient British language and Old English, using two words for 'hill': British breg and Old English hyll. The prefix 'Bow' comes from an Anglo Saxon personal name, Bolla.
The name of the village is given in historic records variously as Brichelle (11th century); Brichull (12th century); Bolle Brichulle, Bellebrikhulle (13th century)., Bolbrykhull  Bolbryghyll (15th century, 1418)
The Church of England parish church, All Saints stands apart from the rest of the village, on the side of a steep hill. The church probably dates from the 12th century but heavy remodelling in the 15th century oblitered most of the earlier details. The church was extensively restored by Browne Willis in 1757.
The hymn tune Bow Brickhill by Sydney Nicholson was composed in honour of All Saints' parish church, after Nicholson and his choristers from Westminster Abbey performed there in 1923.
The playing field at Bow Brickhill Pavilion off Rushmere Close has been enrolled as a Queen Elizabeth II Field.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
about Bow Brickhill)
- Hymn tune "Bow Brickhill"
- Bow Brickhill Parish Council
- The Hogsty End Handbook local community magazine
- Housing types in Bow Brickhill on MKWEB
- Parishes : Bow Brickhill' – A History of the County of Buckingham Volume 4page 289-293 – Victoria County History
- Plea Rolls of the Court of Common Pleas - National Archives; CP 40/541 from 1396: William Cheval, as defendant
- Plea Rolls of the Court of Common Pleas - National Archives; CP 40/629 from 1418: home of William Chevall, the first defendant, in a plea of debt