Berriew is a village and parish in Montgomeryshire, situated on the Montgomeryshire Canal and the river Rhiw near the confluence with the River Severn. The village has won several 'Best Kept Village' awards - although the scheme has now been discontinued.
Main facilities in Berriew
Situated outside the village on the way to Brooks/Bettws is the village bowling green which is used regularly. The village primary school is placed towards the road leading to Castle Caereinion railway station.
Past the Talbot pub & restaurant is the football pitch and tennis courts. There are two pubs in the village centre - the Talbot and the Lion hotel. There is also the Horseshoes, a little way out of the village.
Glansevern Hall and Gardens are adjacent to the village. Glansevern Hall was built between 1801 and 1807 for Sir Arthur Davies Owen, by Joseph Bromfield. 
Garthmyl Hall is a Grade II listed house to the south of Berriew. Garthmyl Hall was completely rebuilt in 1859 by the architect James K Colling for Major-General William George Gold.
The village post office at the corner shop, closed on Monday 20 October 2008, and a new outreach service opened in the SPAR Stores shop also in the village a day later on 21 October 2008.
Mirror-artist and sculptor, Andrew Logan, bought the village squash courts and converted the building into The Andrew Logan Museum of Sculpture.
The church is dedicated to St.Beuno, reputed to have been born in the village.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
- Photos of Berriew and surrounding area on geograph.org.uk
- Glanservern Hall & Gardens website
- St Beuno's Church
This Montgomeryshire article is a stub: help to improve Wikishire by building it up.