Awre war memorial
|Council:||Forest of Dean|
|Forest of Dean|
|Website:||Awre Parish Council|
Awre is a village and civil parish in the Forest of Dean in western Gloucestershire. According to the 2001 census it had a population of 1,644, increasing to 1,714 at the 2011 census. The parish includes Awre and the larger village of Blakeney, and also Etloe, Gatcombe, Two Bridges and Viney Hill.
Between 1851 and 1959 the village was served by Awre for Blakeney railway station.
- Mike Oakley (2003). Gloucestershire Railway Stations. Wimborne: Dovecote Press. pp. 16–17. ISBN 1-904349-24-2.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|