Acton Beauchamp is a village in the west of Worcestershire, at the end of a thumb of the county west of the Malvern Hills and surrounded on three sides by Herefordshire. Acton Beauchamp is found four miles west of the Malvern Hills, twelve miles west of Worcester and three miles south of Bromyard, the latter across in Herefordshire. The population of the parish was 229 at the 2011 census.
The name of the village is the common Anglo-Saxon village name Ac tun ('oak farmstead') combined with that of the Beauchamp family, who owned the manor in the Middle Ages. Its sister village, Acton Green, is found just to the east.
The parish church is dedicated to St. Giles and is built in Norman style, partly rebuilt in 1819 but also having an extremely rare Anglo Saxon carved stone door lintel reused in the wall of the Norman church tower. The carving depicts a bird, a lion and what is possibly a goat.
The village population is 216 scattered amongst farms, cottages and other housing over the hillsides.
The village has a spring which is intermittent.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
about Acton Beauchamp)