Inveravon is a parish in Banffshire of some 49,278 acres, 11 miles north-east of Grantown-on-Spey. A small part of the parish (1,588 acres) extends into Morayshire where the county border deviates from the River Spey to loop around Ballindalloch. Excepting that section, the parish's north-western boundary forms the county border with Morayshire, while the south-eastern boundary forms the county border with Aberdeenshire. To the south-west is Kirkmichael, to the north-east are Aberlour and Mortlach and to the east Cabrach.
This place derives its name from its situation at the mouth of the River Avon, which has its source in Loch Avon at the base of the mountains Ben Macdhui, Bein-na-main, and Cairngorm, and after receiving various streams in its course, enters the parish, and falls into the Spey about a mile above the church. The church, which was erected in 1806, was awarded £20,000 in 2011 toward the conservation of Pictish Symbol stones. These stones, fixed to the walls, are scheduled monuments dating from before AD 600, and include depictions of the 'Pictish Beast'. These monuments had been suffering from exposure to the weather and have benefitted from relocation to the North Porch of the church, which itself has undergone extensive repair work to conserve its fabric.
- Location map: 57°25’13"N, 3°21’46"W