Bolton is an ancient parish in the Allerdale below Derwent Ward of Cumberland. It comprises the townships of High Bolton and Low Bolton, which in 1887 were constituted the civil parish of Boltons. According to the 2001 census it had a population of 585, increasing to 629 at the 2011 Census. Settlements in the parish include Bolton Low Houses, Bolton New Houses, Mealsgate, Boltongate and Sandale.
- Location map: 54°45’18"N, 3°9’50"W