By the Ouse Valley Way
Wyton is a village in Huntingdonshire which is connected to the village of Houghton, so much so that the two settlements are rarely regarded as separate.
The village is about a mile south of RAF Wyton, which has the village's name.
Wyton sits on the lush, green banks of the Great Ouse. The river is an attractive feature of the village and there are several walks along its banks, and watching boats passing through the lock is a popular summer pastime.
Wyton's parish church Wyton closed, declared redundant in 1974, and is now a private house. The church was dedicated to St Margaret and All Saints; it is of mainly 13th to 14th Century work but was extensively restored in 1841-1867.
RAF Wyton which was built in the First World War and housed aircrew-training units. The Station was re-built in the late 1930s and was operational as a bomber station in the Second World War, particularly with squadrons of The Pathfinder Force. After the War the station housed several diverse flying units. Today the station is a centre for logistic support to the Royal Air Force and home to the Cambridge and London University Air Squadrons.building it up.