Welcome to Wikishire’s protection policy.
Types of protection
- Full protection (symbolised by or ) allows editing only by administrators.
- Semi-protection (symbolised by ) allows editing only by users who are 4 days old and have made at least 10 edits.
- Move protection (symbolised by ) allows moving only by administrators and does not protect the page from editing. Pages which are protected only from moving are very rare. There is also semi-move protection which allows only autoconfirmed users to move the page.
- Upload protection (symbolised by ) allows only administrators to upload the file. Like move protection, it does not affect who can edit pages.
- Create protection (symbolised by ) can be applied to pages which are repeatedly recreated and re-deleted. It can also be applied to non-existent pages too.
- Full create protection allows only administrators to create the page.
- Semi-create protection allows only autoconfirmed users to create the page.
In rare circumstances the staff will protect pages using an office action (symbolised by ). This is also known as super-protection. Super-protection allows only staff to edit the page.