The Stagg Inn, Titley
In the 2001 census the parish had a population of 167.
It is in the Wigmore Hundred. The Iron Age fort of Wapley camp lies nearby.
The village of Titley has been occupied for over a thousand years and there is evidence of a pre-conquest priory in the village dedicated to a little-known Welsh saint which later became subordinate to the Tyrone Abbey in France. Later King Henry V granted the priory to Winchester College.
Of the priory that once stood here, nothing remains apart from its moat.
Titley lies at the junction of two drover's roads and was used for the weighing of wool.
Titley's parish church, dedicated to Saint Peter was rebuilt in 1869. The Stagg Inn, known as The Balance until 1833, became in 2001 the first pub in the United Kingdom to be awarded a Michelin Star.
Titley Junction railway station
A mile-long section of the former Leominster and Kington Railway was reopened in 2005. Known as The Kingfisher Line, the section is privately owned and is open to the public only by prior arrangement.
- Mills, A.D. and Room, A. A Dictionary of British Place-Names Oxford University Press
- Littlebury (1876-7). Directory and Gazetteer of Herefordshire. http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/HEF/Titley/Gaz1868.html.
- Dixon, Rachel (January 24, 2008). "Q&A: Michelin stars". London: The Guardian. http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/jan/24/foodanddrink.travelfoodanddrink. Retrieved May 25, 2010.
- "The Kingfisher Line". Titley Junction Station. http://www.titleyjunctionstation.co.uk/pages/kingfisher_line.php.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|