St Patrick's Church, Templepatrick
|Council:||Antrim and Newtownabbey|
Templepatrick is a village in County Antrim, found 9 miles northwest of Belfast, and halfway between the towns of Ballyclare and Antrim. It had a population of 1,556 in the 2001. It is also close to Belfast International Airport and as a result it is a village with several hotels.
In Templepatrick is the historic Church of St Patrick, from which the village is named.
Sights about the town
Castle Upton stands in the village; one side of the main street consists of the demesne wall. A fortified gateway in the wall at the centre of the village leads to the castle itself. The core of the main house is a tower house with walls up to five feet thick, built in 1611 by Sir Robert Norton and bought in 1625 by Captain Henry Upton. The family mausoleum is in the care of the National Trust and is open to visitors. The Templeton Hotel in the village was named after Lady Elizabeth Templetown, an aristocrat and writer who lived in Castle Upton in the 18th century.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|