Tellarought Castle, otherwise known as 'Terrerath Castle' stands some six and a half miles south-east of New Ross in County Wexford at St. Brigid's Terrace, It is in a field adjacent to the graveyard of St Brigid's Roman Catholic church and beside St Brigid's Terrace road.
The caslte is a ruined tower house possibly dating to the Norman period. The tower is located adjacent to St. Brigid's Well, which was believed by some local people to have special healing properties. A small stream also runs under the road beside the tower.
The tower may have been the property of one William Devoreux of Talleraght who is mentioned as being the recipient of a pardon in 1597 in the Elizabethan Fiants. The name 'Talleraght' is from the Irish Tulaigh Reacht, which appears to be from the Gaelic tulach meaning 'hillock'.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
about Tellarought Castle)