Irish: Ros Bearrcon
|Post town:||New Ross|
It has a large Roman Catholic church, two schools, and restaurants, Thai and Chinese restaurants as well as a pub, The Parish Pump. The village shop closed in the summer of 2008. The Old Rectory was a hostel for asylum seekers. The Old Rectory was built on the site of Rosbercon Castle, which was built in the thirteenth century. The village grew up around the castle and Rosbercon Abbey, a Dominican house founded in 1267 and suppressed in 1539.
The village has expanded considerably in recent years due to immigration; between 34 and 46 percent of its population are immigrants, chiefly from Poland and other Eastern European countries. There are a large number of new apartments by the river, many of them rented by members of the Polish community.
Rosbercon is in the Roman Catholic parish of Tullogher in the diocese of Ossory, and the main parish church is located in the village. The other churches of the parish are in Tullogher and Mullinaharigle, with additional graveyards at Shanbough and Ballyneale.
In the building boom of recent years many of the old buildings in the main street backing on to the River Barrow were demolished and have been replaced by modern apartment blocks and shops.
Townlands within Rosbercon parish include: Annfield, Ballybeg, Ballyknock, Ballyreddy, Brownstown, Butterbridge, Garranbehy, Glentiroe, Hoodsgrove, Kilbrahan, Millbanks, Tinnakilly, Tinneranny and Shanbough.