Preston Bridge, Berwickshire
The bridge was built 1770 and crosses the river in three handsome spans, of which the central segmental arch is the largest. It presents a face of dressed-stone with arch rings and rubble spandrels, and buttressed wing walls. than the other two. A denticulated cornice and oculi appear in the spandrels between the arches.
The bridge carries the A6112, the long road running the width of the county between Grantshouse and Coldstream. The river here forms the boundary between the parishes of Duns (to the east) and Bunkle and Preston (to the west).