The Ettrick Water at Philipshaugh
Originally referred to as the land owned as part of Philiphaugh Estate, the name is today used in a wider sense to describe the most southerly parts of Selkirk, as for example Philiphaugh Rugby Ground, the home ground of Selkirk Rugby Club.
In 1645 the Battle of Philiphaugh was fought here (where the Selkirk Cricket Club now stands) at the height of the Wars of the Three Kingdoms.
The grave of Tibbie Tamson (died 1790), an outcast from Selkirk, is located at an isolated spot near Harehead Hill. The exact reason for her being an outcast has been lost but she may have been executed as a witch. The grave is maintained by way of an apology.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
- CANMORE (RCAHMS) record of Selkirk, Philiphaugh Mill
- RCAHMS record of Selkirk, Philiphaugh Sawmill
- VisitScotland: Philiphaugh Salmon Viewing Centre