It comprises the villages of Millerhill, Danderhall, Edmonstone and Sheriffhall. It extends about 2½ miles in length from south-east to north-west and is upwards of a mile in extreme breadth. The surface is in general flat, and a large portion is under cultivation. A circular camp exists at Kaim Hill.
The A7, A68 and A720 roads all pass through the parish. The notorious Sheriffhall roundabout on the A720 Edinbugh City bypass lies in the extreme south.
The parish church was erected in 1742, and was reseated in 1819.
This Midlothian article is a stub: help to improve Wikishire by building it up.