The name of the village is from the earlier Míseal, which is the name used in Gaelic, and this in turn is derived from the Irish Maigh Íseal meaning "The low plain".
Adelaide Memorial Church
The Church of Ireland Adelaide Memorial Church of Christ the Redeemer in Myshall is a miniature version of Salisbury Cathedral. Completed in 1913, Dover-based businessman, John Duguid, commissioned it in memory of his daughter Constance, who was killed in a horse riding accident while visiting her sister in Myshall, and her mother Adelaide, who died in 1903. Both are buried here.
The parish of Myshall has five cemeteries: three in the village itself, one about a mile out the Carlow road, and one in Drumphea about two miles from the village.
- Carnogie: Myshall Camogie Club
- Gaelic athletics: Naomh Eoin GAA Club
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|