Lundin Links

From Wikishire
Jump to: navigation, search
Lundin Links
The Standing Stones of Lundie.jpg
Standing stones on the ladies' course
Grid reference: NO405025
Location: 56°12’41"N, 2°57’39"W
Post town: Leven
Postcode: KY8
Local Government
Council: Fife
North East Fife

Lundin Links is a small village in the parish of Largo, Fife. The village is best known for its two golf courses. The 18-hole course, Lundin Golf Club, was used as a pre-qualifying course when the Open Championship is held at St Andrews. Lundin Ladies' Golf Club (a nine-hole course) is the oldest women's golf course in the world.

It features some impressive standing stones. On the second fairway of the ladies' course there is a cluster of three standing stones dating from the 2nd millennium BC that form a megalithic four-poster (one of the stones was lost around 1792). The village was largely built in the 19th century to accommodate tourists visiting the village of Lower Largo.

Lundin Links is contiguous with Lower Largo.

Outside links

("Wikimedia Commons" has material
about Lundin Links)
Fife Knight.svg
 This Fife article is a stub: help to improve Wikishire by building it up.