Loch Scaven is a small freshwater loch at the head of Glen Carron near the source of the River Carron, Wester Ross. It is about four miles south-west of Achnasheen and two miles from Loch Gowan. The loch tends in a north-east to south-west direction and its shore is relatively simple. At the west end there is a significant promontory known as 'Cnoc nan Sguad' which projects into the loch on the northern shore. There are two small islands in the centre of the loch opposite Cnoc nan Sguad. The name is an Anglicisation of the Gaelic Loch Sgamhain.
The loch was surveyed on 8 August 1902 by R.M. Clark and James Murray and later charted as part of the Sir John Murray and Laurence Pullar's Bathymetrical Survey of Fresh-Water Lochs of Scotland 1897-1909.
- Sir John Murray (1910). "Bathymetrical Survey of the Fresh-Water Lochs of Scotland, 1897-1909, Lochs of Loch Carron basic". http://maps.nls.uk/bathymetric/text.cfm?seq=37673. Retrieved 2014-12-22.
- "Loch Sgamhain (Vol. 5, Plate 21)". http://maps.nls.uk/view/74422309. Retrieved 23 December 2014.
- Location map: 57°31’31"N, 5°10’35"W