Lobley Hill is a village in County Durham; an urbanised location with a population of 6,199 at the 2011 Census.
Lobley Hill was the first place where industrial coal mining methods were used.
The area has a recently constructed park, called Watergate Forest Park, built on reclaimed land on the site of the former Watergate Colliery.
There are two churches in Lobley Hill:
- Church of England: All Saints
- Roman Catholic: The Immaculate Heart Of Mary
There used to be a Methodist chapel on Beachwood Gardens, but this building has since been turned over to other use.
Recreation and local events
- Gateshead Flower Show, annually
- Lobley Hill Festival, founded in 2008
- Golf: a 9-hole pitch and putt golf course and driving range facility at Beggars Wood
- Youth football: Rutherford United