| Carmarthen West|
and South Pembrokeshire
History & Amenities
The village is reachable via the scenic A477 road. The village was famously the home of Griffith Jones, the 18th century Christian educator who was funded by Bridget Bevan. Among the local attractions are the ruins of St Clears castle. Some rental cottages are available in Llanddowror, as are some Bed & Breakfast rooms.
Improbably, Llanddowror has lent its name to the British Raj-era hill station of Landour in the Lower Western Himalaya in northern India. Landour was founded in 1827 as a convalescent station for British soldiers serving in India. During British colonial rule, nostalgic British names were common in India; many of these names (e.g. Landour) survive today though many others were discarded once India achieved independence.