Little Ilford is a district of Essex, in the metropolitan conurbation. It is close by Ilford (historically known as "Great Ilford") from which it is divided by the River Roding, and by the A406 North Circular Road. The are connected by the A118 road.
Little Ilford and Great Ilford have a common etymology. The name is first recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086 as Ilefort and means ford over the Hyle; an old name for the River Roding that means "trickling stream".
- Mills, A., Oxford Dictionary of London Place Names, (2001)