Park House, Leverington
The old village is centred on the church and on Church Lane, while in the inevitability of things substantial growth of more modern housing has grown to the northwest.
The parish church is St Leonard's, and some have reckoned it one of the finest historic churches in the county. It is a grand, airy Gothic church. The earliest parts of the church are Early English, which externally is represented by the base of the west tower. Much of the rest is of the Decorated style.
There was a wooden church here possibly by about 850, though in those days the fens were being farmed by Danes, who in time accepted Christianity. There seems to be evidence that a stone church had been built by about 1150
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|