|Dialling code:||01462 and 01767|
|North East Bedfordshire|
The parish church is St Andrew's.
The village is of Saxon origin, first mentioned in 944 AD and at one time it had one or more fording points across the river. The name is based on the words long ford from the length of the settlement. At the time of the Domesday Book of 1086, the population was around 21. Before 1066 the lord of Langford was Lewin, a thane of Edward the Confessor. William the Conqueror granted the village to Walter le Fleming. In 1142 Walter's descendant Simon de Wahull gave land to the Knights Templar, who established themselves as Lords of the Manor of Langford Rectory.
The entry in the Domesday Book reads: Langeford: Walter of Flanders. 2 mills.
Langford is three miles south of Biggleswade and has been a settlement on the east bank of the river Ivel since Saxon times. It is a long straggling village which at one time had two or three fording points over the river, hence its name. The village now starts at the Baulk corner and it is nearly three miles to the Running Waters at the north end of the village.
On the west side of the river Ivel is part of the Ivel Valley countryside project, namely, Henlow Common and Langford Meadows Local Nature Reserve. This is a 47-acre reserve and despite its name, Henlow Common is situated in Langford parish. It came to Langford in 1985 after an exchange of land between the two parishes, as a registered common it keeps its original name. Dams Ditch, earlier called Adams Ditch, runs through the middle of the reserve. It is more like a small river than a ditch.
The village has grown enormously since 1961 when the population was 1,250, then the housing estates were taking over the fields and meadows, so that by 1976 it had doubled to 2,500 and in 2001 it was 4,000.
- Cricket: Langford Cricket Club
- Football: Langford FC
- Youth Football: Langford Youth
- Tennis: Langford Tennis Club
Langford has a King George V Playing Field, established in memory of King George V. The field is the home ground of the local youth football side, Langford Youth. During the summer months, it is the home of Langford Cricket Club. Langford Tennis Club has two floodlit courts.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
about Langford, Bedfordshire)
- 'The People at the Long Ford' by Michael Rutt – pub. Bedfordshire County Council 1975.
- Langford History Society