Gaelic: Cinn Lois
War Memorial at Kinloss Abbey
Kinloss is a village in Morayshire. It is located near the shore of Findhorn Bay, around three miles from Findhorn and 2½ miles from Forres.  Northeast of the village is Kinloss Barracks, formerly RAF Kinloss which opened on 1 April 1939.
It is believed that 1,000 aircraft were dismantled at Kinloss, after the end of the Second World War. Investigations are on for possible radioactive contamination in RAF Kinloss.
The Cistercian Kinloss Abbey was created in 1150 by King David. Under abbot Robert Reid the abbey became a centre of academic excellence in the 1530s. It now lies almost completely ruined.
- Kinloss Parish and Town. The Imperial gazetteer of Scotland. vol. 2. by Rev. John Marius Wilson http://archive.org/stream/imperialgazettee02wilsuoft#page/234/mode/1up
- Crowther, Stuart. "RAF aim for a smooth transition for Kinloss base". STV Forres. http://local.stv.tv/forres/news/27284-raf-aim-for-a-smooth-transition-for-kinloss-base/. Retrieved 10 November 2011.
- "RAF Kinloss". http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-18122594. Retrieved 2012-05-20.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
- Findhorn and Kinloss community website
- Catholic Encyclopedia article on Kinloss's Cistercian monastery
- Cistercian Abbeys: KINLOSS
- Kinloss Abbey