|Ochil and South Perthshire|
Kennet House, the seat of the Bruces of Kennet, was located to the west of the village (NS918908). The house was built or rebuilt in the 1790s for the judge Robert Bruce, Lord Kennet. His descendant, the politician and banker Alexander Bruce, established a claim to the forfeited title of Lord Balfour of Burleigh in 1868. The house was demolished in 1967.
Between 1905 and 1961 coal was mined at the Brucefield Colliery, located just to the north of Kennet (NS928913). In 1948, 75,000 tons of coal were extracted. A brickworks on the site continued to operate into the 1960s.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
about Kennet, Clackmannanshire)