Harrow Hill, Gloucestershire
Cottages at Harrow Hill
|Council:||Forest of Dean|
The main route that bisects the village is Trinity Road. This links the village to Drybrook and the A4136 (Gloucester to Monmouth). At the halfway point of the road stands a battle weary red telephone box, which is sadly in a state of neglect. From here, there are good views across the valley to Ruardean Hill.
The Harrow Hill church, Holy Trinity, was opened in 1817 to serve Drybrook, and is known as The Forest Church. It was built at the instance of the Rev Henry Berkin, Curate in Mitcheldean, for missionary work among the foresters, which began in 1809.
Sport and leisure
The village has its own football club, Harrow Hill F.C..
The football club can be found at the end of Larksfield Road, and is easily located by the floodlight towers that stand on the corners of the main pitch (a further pitch is located adjacent to the car park).