Fothriff or Fothrif is an area of Fife, of ancient origin; it is recorded in the Middle Ages, in connection with Fife, notably in De Situ Albanie and in early charters.
The exact extent of early Fothriff is unclear, but in around 1300 the Deanery of Fothriff in the Bishopric of St Andrews included both Clackmannan and Kinross, as well as Fife from the parishes of Auchtermuchty, Lathrisk, Cults, Kirkforthar Markinch and Methil westwards.
- Broun, Dauvit: "The Seven Kingdoms in De Situ Albanie: A Record of Pictish political Geography or imaginary map of ancient Alba ?" in E.J.Cowan & R. Andrew McDonald (eds), Alba: Celtic Scotland in the Mediæval Era. Reprinted, Edinburgh: John Donald, 2005. ISBN 0-85976-608-X
- McNeill, Peter G.B. & MacQueen, Hector L. (eds), Atlas of Scottish History to 1707. Edinburgh: Trustees of the Scottish Mediævalists and the Department of Geography, University of Edinburgh, 1996. ISBN 0-9503904-1-0
- Map: 56°15’0"N, 3°25’1"W