Coach House Hotel, Flint Cross
Flint Cross is a hamlet and a crossroads in Cambridgeshire, in the south of the county at the crossroads of the A505 road and the B1368 road, which leads north to Fowlmere and south to Barley, Hertfordshire.
The milestone at Flint Cross, installed in 1731, is Grade II listed. It has a benchmark inscribed on the side for which the elevation is 131 feet above mean sea level. It is one of a series of milestones running from Cambridge to Barkway, which were installed through a bequest from William Mowse, a lawyer who was Master of Trinity Hall, Cambridge in 1552.
Buildings in Flint Cross include the Coach House hotel. and a petrol station. The hamlet is also the site of Bridgefoot Quarry and Grange Farm, which was damaged by a fire in June 2009. The Anglo-Saxon earthwork of Bran Ditch runs east of the hamlet, but has been mostly ploughed out.
- National Heritage List England no. 1127567: Milestone at Junction of A505 and B1368 (Historic England)
- Coach House Hotel
- "Peterborough City Council - Minerals and Waste Site Specific Proposals Preferred Options 2". http://consult.peterborough.gov.uk/portal/planning/pc/mwpo2ssp/po2ssp?pointId=copy_135055_ID_169&do=view.
- "Ten crews battle fire at converted barn: Royston Weekly News". http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Royston/Ten-crews-battle-fire-at-converted-barn.htm.