Church of St. Eadburgha
|Post town:||Chipping Camden|
The ancient church of St Eadburgha shows many monuments to the family including one to Sir John Fortescue in his robes as Lord Chief Justice. Sir John died in 1476. The church is mainly Perpendicular with some Norman work remaining in the north and south doorways, of its other treasures the church shows a 17th-century canopied pulpit and mediæval stained-glass windows.
There is an award-winning pub called The Ebrington Arms at the centre of the village. It is the hub of village life and traditional in style with flagstones and roaring open fires, dating from 1640. The pub has been voted the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) North Cotswolds Pub of the Year in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- Nikolaus Pevsner, ed (1951). Gloucestershire: The Cotswolds. The buildings of England. 40. Penguin Books. p. 236.
- Beneath the Clouds: The Diary of a Century in Ebrington, Charrington and the Hidcotes 1900-2000. Ebrington Women's Institute. 2000. pp. 570.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|