Chapel and clocktower, Doddington
Doddington is a village in Cambridgeshire, 4 miles from Chatteris and the same from March. Historically, Doddington was one of the largest parishes in England, until under the Doddington Rectory Division Act of 1856 it was divided into seven rectories, Benwick, Doddington, Wimblington, March Old Town, March St Peter, March St John and March St Mary.
In the centre of the village is a clocktower built in 1897 in commemoration of the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria. The village is also notable for its large carnival held every 1st Saturday in July, followed by a sports event after.
The village also has two public houses, The George and The Three Tuns.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
about Doddington, Cambridgeshire)