|Type:|| L-Plan tower house|
with a Jacobean range
|Built c. 1296|
|Owned by:||Hideaway Country Holidays Ltd.|
Culcreuch Castle is a castle in Stirlingshire, close to Fintry and Loch Lomond. It had been the home of the Barons of Culcreuch since 1699, and was turned into a hotel, venue and visitor attraction in the 1980s. 
Culcreuch Castle was built in 1296 by Maurice Galbraith. It was the clan seat of Clan Galbraith from 1320 to 1624, when it was sold to a cousin, Alexander Seton of Gargunnock, to settle a financial debt. In 1632, the castle was bought by Robert Napier, a younger son of John Napier, the 8th Laird of Merchiston. The Napier family held the estate for five generations.
The castle was used to garrison Oliver Cromwell’s troops in 1654.
In 1796, the castle was sold to Alexander Spiers of Glasgow, who built a cotton mill and a distillery in Fintry. It was sold in 1890 to J. C. Dunwaters, then again in 1901 to Walter Menzies. It passed into the hands of Hercules Robinson in the 1970s, the last of that line of the Menzies family.
In 1984 Culcreuch Castle was sold to Arthur Haslam, who operated the castle as a hotel and in 2007 ownership was transferred to a holding company in Los Angeles.
Culcreuch is a rectangular tower house, with three stories and an attic, topped by a parapet and slate roof. The north and east extensions to the original tower were built after 1721 by the Napiers, and match the original tower.