Crowhurst Manor Gate House
Crowhurst is a tiny village in south-eastern Surrey, south of Limpsfield and east of South Godstone. It had a population of 349 at the 2001 census. The place-name 'Crowhurst', first recorded in 1189, means 'crow wood'.
The hamlet of Crowhurst itself is beside the parish church, with farm and cottages leading northward until curtailed by the east-west railway line between Reigate and Tonbridge. To the west, along a road on the edge of the railway line, is Crowhurst End, with the one pub.
The parish church is dedicated to St George.
Crowhurst Place, a Grade 1 Listed Building, is a moated manor house dating back to circa 1450.
The parish lies within the Tandridge hundred.