Craig is a parish in Angus, situated ½ a mile south-west of Montrose. It contains the villages of Ferryden and Fishtown of Usan. This place was formerly called Inchbrayock, the "island of trout," by which name the former Rossie Island is otherwise known. Craig was at that time only the designation of one of the chief estates, and it is supposed that, when the place of worship was transferred from the island to the property of Craig on the mainland part of the district, the name of Craig, which is naturally derived from the rocky nature of the shore, was extended to the whole of the parish. The church, which is an elegant structure, with a square tower, eighty feet high, was built in 1799.
- Location map: 56°41’2"N, 2°29’24"W
This Angus article is a stub: help to improve Wikishire by building it up.