St John the Divine Colston Bassett
The village is best known for its dairy which opened in 1913, one of only five that are permitted to make Stilton cheese by that name (none of which is in Stilton in Huntingdonshire). The dairy also manufactures smaller quantities of white Stilton and Shropshire Blue.
There are two churches here; the ruined church of St Mary lies to the west of the village, at the site of the manor, and the current parish church, St John the Divine, in the village.
In Colston Bassett stands an old market cross in the ownership of the National Trust.
Despite its tiny size, the village has a school, the Colston Bassett Preparatory School for children between 4–11 years, and a pub, the Martins Arms.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
about Colston Bassett)