Clarkston Road, Cathcart
Cathcart is a village in Renfrewshire which has been absorbed into the townscape of Glasgow. It sits between Mount Florida, King's Park, Muirend and Newlands. The White Cart Water flows through Cathcart, downstream from Linn Park.
In 2014, Cathcart was rated one of the most attractive postcode areas to live in Scotland. 
Originally part of the Burgh of Govan, most of the ancient parish was annexed by the City of Glasgow in 1912, but it retains a distinct local identity. Cathcart is mainly a residential area, containing a mix of tenements, terraces and villas built from red or blonde sandstone. There are some historic buildings, including the Couper Institute (a public hall and library) and the Snuff Mill. One of Alexander Thomson's most significant buildings, Holmwood House, is in Cathcart, close to the Glasgow city boundary.
Local industry includes ClydeUnion Pumps, and Scottish Power.
Cathcart is served by Cathcart railway station on the Cathcart Circle Line, as well as numerous bus routes.
Churches in Cathcart include:
- Church of Scotland:
- Cathcart Old
- Cathcart Trinity
- Baptist: Cathcart Baptist church
- Congregational: Cathcart Congregational Church
- Free church: Cathcart United Free Church
- Roman Catholic: Saint Gabriel's Church, in Merrylee
The present Cathcart Old Church was opened in 1929 and sits across Carmunnock Road from the earlier churchyard which contains the tower from the previous church and a graveyard. Cathcart Trinity was formed in November 2002 from the union of the vacant charges of Cathcart South and New Cathcart.
- Cathcart, Glasgow - Architecture & History
- Cathcart Trinity Church
- Southside Festival
- Southside Happenings