Carmyllie Parish Church
There is a Church of Scotland church and a primary school. Carmyllie post office was closed in September 2008.
Carmyllie was once known for its stone sandstone quarries. For many centuries these produced high quality sandstone that was shipped all over the world.
Between 1900 and 1965 Carmyllie was linked by to Arbroath by the Carmyllie Light Railway.
Carmyllie has a traditional association with Clan Strachan.