|North West Hampshire|
|Website:||Broughton in Hampshire|
The Manor of Broughton is recorded in the Domesday Book and was held at different times by the Earl of Southampton, and the Duke of Kingston-upon-Hull. The current manor house is a Grade II* listed building, dating from the 18th century.
The Church of England parish church of St Mary the Virgin dates from the 12th century.
The 19th-century Baptist chapel has been closed for worship and sold for development.
The 2001 census recorded a parish population of 1,029. The village has a number of groups and clubs running for all ages and interests.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
about Broughton, Hampshire)
- Page, William, ed (1911). "Broughton with Frenchmoor". A History of the County of Hampshire. Victoria County History. 4. Institute of Historical Research. pp. 493–497. http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=56865.
- "Broughton Manor House". British Listed Buildings. http://www.britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/en-140679-broughton-manor-house-broughton-hampshir.
- "Properties that would be perfect renovation projects". http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/renovatinganddiy/9851037/Properties-that-would-be-perfect-renovation-projects.html.
- "Broughton in Hampshire". http://www.broughton-hants.net/.
This Hampshire article is a stub: help to improve Wikishire by building it up.