Irish: Baile Uí Scuillín
|County Londonderry, County Antrim|
Ballyscullion is a small village and parish in County Londonderry. In the 2001 Census it had a population of 291 people. The parish additionally extends into County Antrim. The name is from the Irish ‘’Baile Uí Scuillín’’, meaning “Ó Scullín's townland”.
Increase Mather served as a minister at St Tida's Church, Ballyscullion in the late 1650s until 1659. Frederick Hervey, 4th Earl of Bristol, known as "The Earl-Bishop", was Bishop of Cloyne from 1767-68, and as Bishop of Derry from 1768-1803. He built Downhill House and Ballyscullion House, residences which he adorned with rare works of art.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
- Profile, NI Neighbourhood Information System
- Profile, DiCamillo Companion to British & Irish Country Houses