|Council:||Newry, Mourne and Down|
The village was once engaged in exporting dressed granite and is now a fishing and holiday resort. Annalong Primary School is in the village and Annalong Community Development Association was established in 1994.
On 13 January 1843, boats from Newcastle and Annalong set out for the usual fishing stations, and were caught in a gale. 14 boats were lost in the heavy seas including a boat which had gone to the rescue. Only two boats survived, the Victoria and the Brothers. 76 men perished, 30 of whom were from Annalong.
Places of Interest
- Annalong Cornmill was built in the 19th century and operated until the 1960s and was one of the last working watermills in Ulster. It contains a grain drying kiln and three pairs of millstones. It is powered by a 15 ft water wheel and a 1920s Marshall "hot-bulb" 20hp engine. Restoration began in 1983 after it was acquired by the Council, and it reopened in 1985.
- Annalong Harbour dates back to the early 19th century and in later years was made bigger to receive schooners exporting Mourne granite and to import materials used to build the nearby dam in the Silent Valley in the Mournes. The harbour was enlarged in the 1880s to cope with the increased granite exports. A purpose built standard gauge railway was built from Annalong to transport almost all of the material for the construction of the reservoir. In recent years the harbour has been deepened and a pontoon added making it easier for small fishing boats and cruisers to dock at all states of the tide. In one of the neighbouring gardens the leading light for directing boats into the harbour remains.
- The Rocket Tower situated at Cowden's yard on the Kilkeel side of Annalong is a listed building. Despite being derelict it is believed to be the only rocket station remaining in Ireland. The tower housed the pigeons which were used as couriers between the Coastguard stations and the garage housed a rocket launcher which fired ropes to boats which ran aground during the smuggling in the 18th–19th centuries.
- Church of Ireland: Kilhorne Church, on the Kilkeel Road
- Presbyterian: Annalong Presbyterian Church. This was established in 1840 and the Meeting House was ready for use by 1842.
- Free Presbyterian: Church on the Moneydarragh Road
- Independent: Gospel Hall along the Glasdrumman Road
- Annalong Football Club
- Mourne Rovers
These two teams were formerly Protestant and Roman Catholic respectively, but both teams are now more mixed due to the decreasing religious tension.
- Bowls: Annalong Outdoor Bowling Club
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
- "Annalong Community Development Association". Association website. Archived from the original on 7 March 2009. http://web.archive.org/web/20090307013157/http://www.surfsidesolutions.com/acda/. Retrieved 23 February 2009.
- O'Sullivan, Aidan & Breen, Colin (2007). Maritime Ireland. An Archaeology of Coastal Communities. Stroud: Tempus. p. 232. ISBN 978-0-7524-2509-2.
- "Annalong Corn Mill". Culture Northern Ireland. http://www.culturenorthernireland.org/article.aspx?art_id=1161. Retrieved 23 February 2009.
- "Annalong". County Down - Towns. http://www.countydown.com/down_annalong.htm. Retrieved 23 February 2009.