Dyke and Moy
Dyke and Moy is a parish in north-west Morayshire. The parish comprises the ancient parishes of Dyke and Moy, united to each other in 1618. Roughly resembling a triangle in outline, with southward apex, it has an utmost length from north-east to south-west of nine miles, an utmost breadth from east to west of five miles, and an area of 15,464 acres exclusive of 43 acres, to the east of the Findhorn belonging to a detached part of Nairnshire. The parish is bounded to the north by the Moray Firth, to the east by Kinloss and Forres, south-east by Edinkillie and west by Auldearn in Nairnshire. The western boundary also forms the county border.
The village of Dyke stands on the left bank of the Muckle Burn, 3½ miles south-west of Forres and six miles east of Nairn by the A96 road. Other villages include Kintessack and Broom of Moy. South-west of Dyke lies Brodie Castle.building it up.